Sunday, September 15, 2013

Finding Mr. Perfect?

            Being a fresh graduate, and a girl, doesn't just change YOUR life; it changes the way people look at you. In the past, people would look at me and ask “What do you want to do after graduation?”, “What are your plans”, “Have you decided what career you want to pursue yet?” … But after graduation, suddenly, there’s only one question: “When are you going to find a husband?!!”

But the thing is; I honestly, truly and deeply believe that “I am a princess” ^_^  Few years ago, I made a vow to myself to cherish, love, respect and accept her; and I am totally committing to my vows to this day.  So the all talk about looking for a man, having to get married soon, my life having no purpose unless I find a man; that just doesn't resonate with me, no way!

I wouldn't lie to you; there’s a part of me who can’t wait to find my soul mate, to be together, to share our life, to support each other… I am definitely excited about that happening :D But there’s also the part that’s wondering “What exactly am I looking for?” :D

To help, I asked my friends about what they’re looking for… But their answers only gave me more confusion :D

Friend A: I want my Mr. Right to be “The ideal man”; with a great personality, good looks and lot of money.

Friend B: The best important thing is romance, sweet talk, romantic music, flowers… awwwwww! :D

Friend C: Romance is cheesy! I like my love life to be fun; full of teasing and laughter.

Friend D: I want my Mr. Right to be tough! So that he’ll make me a better person.

Friend F: I want him to be more religious than I am, so that he can push be into becoming more religious.

And of course when I asked a skeptical person, she said: The most important thing is that he has money, to provide your home and your children.

            The truth is, the definition of “Love” is different from one person to another; that’s why you’ll never find your right answer with someone else. You have to look “Within” yourself and ask yourself “What do I really want? And there’s no right answer for that; some would want their partner to be adventurous, so they could travel the world together; other would want a stable, quiet life; and they’re both great! It’s about what “You” want :)

The thing is, we’re all looking for Mr. Right; Mr. Right who is supposed to be “Perfect”. If we’re asked to describe a perfect person, it wouldn't be that hard; just make a very long list with all the characters we've ever heard of (Including all the opposites  :D), we can do that! ...  But it’s not about being perfect, is it? It’s about being perfect for “YOU” … But how to find that? … What to look for? … In my opinion, the answer lies in one word “Vision”.

Let me give you an example; a part of my vision is “We’re born to this life to grow and to learn and to become the better versions of ourselves”. So, for me, what’s the point of finding a perfect person if I am still, and will always be learning? :D Instead, I’d want my Mr. Right to be someone who’s willing to learn with me, experience the world with me, someone who’s not willing to just stay in the same place forever and who’s open to the concept of change. That would match my vision perfectly, because we’d have the same way of thinking…

So, for me, I’d take someone who’s a hard worker but poor, over someone who’s rich and lazy! I’d take someone who’s open up to learning and growing, over someone who thinks he “Knows it all”, any day! I would take someone who’d looking for someone to stand with him, support and work with him; over someone who’s looking for a “Perfect girl”, because, that’s definitely not me :D  … Someone who shares the same vision as you do! That’s one key to finding YOUR Mr. Right ^_^

Of course, that’s just an example; every one of us has her own vision, her own way of thinking, and her own definition for her Mr. Right! And it’s all okay, as long as we know what WE want, not what other people tell us we should look for :) A true princess would never settle for less than what she wants ;)

But what if you don’t have a “Vision” yet? You don’t know what you believe in yet? … Please, go looking for yourself first :) You don’t have to find a well written plan for what you want to do in life; you just have to know what you believe in, how you see life… I read a quote few days ago, and I loved it; it said: “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first steps” … You don’t have to see your whole way in front of you in order to be ready and know what you want in Mr. Right; but you do have to see the beginning of your way, the first few steps :)

Please; it doesn't matter how old you are or how much pressure people are putting on you; just go looking for yourself first, so that you will never regret! :) And only when you find the beginning of the way, you’ll know who your Mr. Right is. 

Find what “YOU” want ;)

Princess Jess ^_^