Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Random thought

Few months ago, I was in a really bad shape; I had a mental break down, I was crying like a little kid, and I couldn't talk to any of my friends about it. Simply, everyone around me had his own sadness too.

I knew that awesome coach Catherine, who was nice and sweet; I never really met her, but I loved her writings. So I thought I could send her a message.

She didn't even know me, but she was incredibly nice and supportive without even knowing who I am, and she listened to what I had to say...

I talked and talked, poured my heart out to a complete stranger (Yes, I do that, deal with it :D ) And the truth is, I was expecting her to give me an advice, a "Do" or "Don't"... "Should" or "Shouldn't"; that's what my life had been all about for a while; "Actions" ... But she surprised me :)

After saying everything that was in my head, she smiled and asked: Yasmine, do you believe in God?

Me, surprised: I do.

She said: Then ask God to do for you the things that you cannot do for yourself...

A second later, I was crying for a completely different reason. I wasn't sure if I was crying because I was touched, or because I felt guilty that I didn't think of that myself; I was so full of what was happening in my life; so focused on what I should or shouldn't do to fix it, and I forgot to reach out to He who has all the powers to help me. 

When life happens, our Ego sometimes makes us edge God out of the equation; that doesn't mean we're bad people, it simply means we're humans...

I don't know why I'm writing this post right now, maybe because I'm really grateful for what she said, maybe because I wanted to share the lesson I learned with you... But in both cases, thank you Catherine for being such a good person. :)

And for all of you my precious readers, always remember: "When you let God in your heart, and you ask for His help; you'll be two facing the problem instead of one; and one of you will be absolutely perfect" :)

Live long and prosper ;)